Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - The Official Michigan Winter Thread
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2012, 06:33 AM   #2296 (permalink)
chomps1211
Not quite reformed yet

So? How'd it go? How were the various "locals" y'all hit yesterday?

It was,.. interesting to say the least @ Alpine last night. Here's how I did My first run of the year,..

I got there about 7:30, strapped in and headed to the top! The 2 runs they had were covered in hard packed "Iced Over Cement"! First go round,..? I crashed getting off the lift! (?????) Ok, obviously a bit rusty,.. got to the lip & started down,..
...crashed again less than 8 ft. from the top! Got up,.. pointed the board downslope & 2/3 rd's of the way down,..? On my ASS again!!!! WTF??

In hindsight,..? I'm thinking that maybe, just maybe ...a "sheet ice" covered Blue run was possibly not the very best choice for my shake down, inaugural 1st run of the season! Probably not the wisest choice for checking to see if I still had "My Chops" from end of last season!

The good news,.. Those were the Only falls of the night & the only injury,..? My Pride!!!! I moved over to the green run & hit it a couple of times to loosen up, check to see if any of my skills from last season remained. Once I got warmed up & shook the shakes outta' my calves. Everything went really well!! Went back to the Blue & showed it who's boss!! All in all, I had fun, even if the snow conditions were more than a little frustrating!

So let's hear from the rest of you!! Who got out yesterday!? How'd-ja Do?? How were the other local hills?

2012/13 (48) days out!
2013/14 (44) days out!

Last edited by chomps1211; 11-29-2012 at 06:58 AM.
chomps1211 is offline   Reply With Quote