Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Impact Shorts HELP !
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2012, 08:26 AM   #16 (permalink)
OldDog
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Can't compare as I don't have that model. I went with the D30. I have fallen (more than I'd like to admit) as I'm just learning, but never on ice or hard-pack. So far, I can't complain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by supafobb View Post
Last season was my first, and being in the icy NE, it would've been my last season had I not worn protection. And since I'm in my late 30's, I can't bounce back as quickly as in my teens. Anyway, here's my 2cents on several butt pads I've worn:

I've tried REDs and they're awful, and the padding barely covers anything; not to mention flimsy.

Also tried Triple8 Bumsavers. The padding is thicker than REDs and have better tailbone protection but the pads shift around way too much.

I've worn the Hillbilly Impact Shorts, but haven't fallen on them so I can't speak for the foam/foam placement quality. But from face value, the foam is thick, and seems to have great coverage.

OldDog, I JUST ordered this the other day: DS 5155 Shield Short TPR. Have you fallen on yours yet? Just wondering how the Demon Snows fare with impact. My only concern is that the padding might not be thick enough.
OldDog is offline   Reply With Quote