Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Asymmetrical Frwd lean on bindings! Normal?
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2012, 08:01 AM   #1 (permalink)
chomps1211
Not quite reformed yet

Default Asymmetrical Frwd lean on bindings! Normal?

I have the forward lean on my Burton Cartel bindings set with different amount for my lead and rear foot. With about 1/4 inch More fwd lean on the front than the rear. (I believe my binding angles are +18F & -9R)

I have noticed that whenever I change the amount of lean on my rear HB to be equal to my front, the board starts to feel,.. "squirrely"! I'm really not sure how to describe it! Just that somehow, for whatever reason, when I make those changes. I seem to have less confidant control in my turns! Sort of like the edge on the rear of the board engages too soon? Too much? Sort of "out of sync" with the front edges? (...where I'm at, The majority of my riding is mostly hardpack, icy, or slushy groomers.)

When I put them back to where I had them,.. my feel of control returns! It's a minor change that I'm making. Roughly +2 turns on the rear foots adjustment knob.

Is this a common situation when setting angles on your High backs? Are they generally "supposed? to be @ differing amounts of lean? Or is this more likely an issue of personal preference, differing technique & style of riding?

Just curious to know if this is typical of people finding the "Right" board set-up for their riding style, or if it indicates some rather "Sloppy" riding technique on my part?

2012/13 (48) days out!
2013/14 (42) days out!
chomps1211 is offline   Reply With Quote