Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - iPole Mini camera mount - any experiences?
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2012, 12:17 PM   #1 (permalink)
Snow2k

Default iPole Mini camera mount - any experiences?

I recently picked up a Hero 3 just in time for the season. I'm not a huge fan of the helmet mount view so I was looking into using a pole.

I came across this while searching in a GoPro forum.

"I use this awesome collapsible/telescoping pole constructed of corrosion resistant Stainless Steel, Brass and Poly-Carbonate components. It collapses down to under 9" and extends up to a maximum of 43". It is terminated on the rubber wrapped handle end with a solid brass base cap that has a 1/4" x 20 female thread in it and it is supplied with a removable wrist strap. The other end has a well designed adjustable tripod head section constructed of Poly-Carbonate and Stainless Steel featuring a standard 1/4" x20 Stainless Steel male thread tripod mount. It's great for Ocean, Water and Snow sports."

iPole Mini | FastCap Tech

For $25 + shipping, what do you guys think? I really like that it collapses into something you can tuck away fairly easily. Little worried about what it might weigh.

I've never used a pole mount so I'm not sure what I should be looking for (swivel mount..etc).

This just shows the pole in action, but I'd buy a $8 tripod mount before doing all that damn drilling...

Here's another on its movement..hmm

Last edited by Snow2k; 11-29-2012 at 12:31 PM.
Snow2k is offline   Reply With Quote