Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - interesting article: Snowboarding without irony
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2012, 11:49 AM   #1 (permalink)
sheepstealer

Default interesting article: Snowboarding without irony

YoBeat: Making Fun of Snowboarding Since 1997 Snowboarding Without Irony

Found it on YoBeat. What do you think? Honestly, I agree with the author - but to a point. Fashion has definitely become a focal point for the snowboarding biz. You ain't a good rider unless you look like one right? HA.

I see it all the time on the hill - the swag, the uber baggy pants, the bright Special Blend jacket (nothing against SB, mind you), handkerchief blowing with the wind, beanie under helmet with those platinum mirrored lenses... but the dude can't carve worth a damn. Leafing down the hill, maybe hitting a box thats about 2 feet wide? Please.

At the same time, we're not gonna throw on just any old pair of snowpants. We're not going to wear a pea coat down the hill. I love my Smith I/Os. I used to rock a bright green Special Blend jacket. Do I throw my pant cuff over my high backs? You bet. But that's because I can feel the cuff pressing against my calf if I don't...and I don't like that.

I digress. You tell me what you think.
sheepstealer is offline   Reply With Quote