Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Camelback vs jfbb.....
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2012, 03:29 PM   #5 (permalink)
FacePlant4Free
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

JF and BB kinda blow if you ask me. The runs are so so short. Camelback is my favorite mountain in the Poconos aside from ELK, but ELK is too damn far as i live outside of northeast Philly.

If you hang at the park a ton then maybe Camelback won't be your favorite. In order to get into their park you need to buy a park pass online and then watch a dumb video. The park is serviced by its own lift so you can just cruise through whenever you're in the mood (unless you want to get off your board and cut through the trees).

I think overall the trails are much better at Camelback though.

Also, you could always get a Camel Card instead of the pass and just check it out a few times. The card is 49$ and you get like 50% off all off peak hour tix. You then get i think like 25% off peak hour tix. Anddd EVERY 3rd ticket is free. You pretty much go 3 times and it pays for itself.

For instance if you go all week long you can do twice during the week after 3pm for like 20$ each and then go on the weekend all day for FREE.

It's a decent deal for people who don't live close by like me.

Personally i'm interested in checking out Bear Creek this year. Looks like they have some pretty cool park setups and i can pop over during weekdays after work. Anyone been there?

Last edited by FacePlant4Free; 11-29-2012 at 03:32 PM.
FacePlant4Free is offline   Reply With Quote