Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Poor Jackson Hole Experience
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2012, 05:36 PM   #6 (permalink)
BigmountainVMD
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComeBack_Kid View Post
To be fair, no one is entitled to special pricing if they miss a deal's timing, just because they feel like they deserve it.

On the other hand, it is pretty bizarre that Jackson Hole wouldn't revive a deal that had been dead for 12 hours for a single person to create a loyal and grateful customer...

Jackson Hole must be doing very well if they are turning away guests like that.
I totally agree here. I didn't feel entitled, its not like I called up 2 weeks after and was like you owe me a pass. I made it known that I was asking for a favor, and that it was my fault for missing the sale. I thought about being dishonest and claiming I tried to buy it the night before but the website wouldn't let me, but I thought hey, there's no way they would tell me to fuck off when the difference in price is many hundreds of dollars, plus I didn't want the negative karma.

I feel like the service/retail industry is all over the place. You go to a place like Backcountry/Dogfunk.com and they offer their own guarantee on all the products they sell and will even give you sale pricing if it was within a month of the sale ending. But can they give me a break at Jackson? Nope. I responded to her denial of my request asking if it was worth the thousand dollars we would be spending at resort restaurants, ski shops, etc, to deny a college pass, ending in the cancelation of my trip --> no response.

The ticket manager at J. Hole is an A. hole.
BigmountainVMD is offline   Reply With Quote