Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - The Colorado Conditions, Meet ups and General Talk Thread
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2012, 07:58 PM   #103 (permalink)
killclimbz
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShredLife View Post

what's the story with the guy who hiked the back bowls at Vail?
I can't find the pic! I am pretty sure it's buried on TGR somewhere. Initial search is not bringing it up. Anyway I'll tell the story.

On Vail's facebook page Marketing was doing it's best to hype up the season. Of course everyone was asking about the back bowls and how the conditions were. Which of course Vail marketing was saying they could use more snow but conditions were great. Then this guy put a post up saying he hiked Vails back bowls and it was killer here is a pic. He was holding his skis surrounded by grass in China Bowl from the day before. Yeah, their resort bookings went waaaaay down after that pic. It was removed within 24 hours but it had gone viral on several sites. It might even be buried on this forum somewhere.

By the way, interesting call there on Powder Corp dumping Bachelor. I was thinking they would dump their Colorado holding, but maybe they would see more value in Copper because of a fully developed base area, lodging, village and such? Overall, I would still think it would be the Colorado resorts that take the hit, but you might be on something there.

Last edited by killclimbz; 11-29-2012 at 08:01 PM.
killclimbz is offline   Reply With Quote