Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - How to Strap in Fast
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2012, 10:01 PM   #18 (permalink)
hot-ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gdog42 View Post

What? I see most people sitting down strapping in.
Are you guys from out west? Whenever I ride in Michigan I see pretty much everyone sitting down to strap in. Whenever I get off a lift there I'm like "oh shit!" because there's usually a crap loading of boarders sitting around all over the place.

I ask if you guys ride out west because when I go there, I must say that I don't see anywhere near as many people sitting down- most were standing like you guys do.

Here in the mid west though, it seems to be a bit of a problem because usually people get in the way when they're all sat at the top of the runs.
It can be annoying as hell.
I ride the midwest as well and most people sit to strap in, and then they sit there wait for there friends, talk, etc. etc. Sometimes it gets to the place where you have to wait for a few people to clear out before you can get started. It can become a royal mess when it gets busy.
I personally do it both ways. If I don't want to get my butt wet I'll stand up,but other times I feel like sitting down, especially when its the end of the day and I'm wore out.
Good idea though, I'll give it a try. Also, you could maybe get your toe cap just started a little to speed things up. This depends on your bindings/boots of course.
hot-ice is offline   Reply With Quote