Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - To wear or not to wear a Helm?
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2012, 10:43 PM   #73 (permalink)
Howlingsonnets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peaceryder View Post
Just interested in freestyle riders thoughts on using helmets. I'm a pure freerider who hasn't had much experience with jumping/jibbing other than backcountry kickers into deeeeep pow, so I never wore a helmet, even though my mom bought me one about 12 years ago, lol. Do you guys bring your helmets along just for riding 'park' or no helmet use? I did not like the feel of a helmet on my head when I tried it way back in the day. Plus, the helmet was noticeably colder! Feel like I need to yell FREEEEEEEEEEEEDOM from the top of my lungs like William Wallace when I was wearing one. However, I do know that park riding is more deadly to your lightbulb...
I should note that despite getting into more freestyle oriented riding this winter, if it snows, I'll be riding pow, not in the park :P
Wanna protect my head while in the park, but don't exactly wanna lug a helmet around with me on my pack, already enough crap in there!

My question is, what are your thoughts on helmet use in respect to freestyle riding.
I wear a helmet bc id rather be uncomfortable than unable to move speak or wakeup......i wanna ride for a long time and i cant do that if i just hit my head the wrong way (not saying its 100% bulletproof)

I honestly dont care if i may fall into the uncool category of helmet wearers who ride
Howlingsonnets is offline   Reply With Quote