Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Burton Antler
Thread: Burton Antler
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2012, 09:55 PM   #21 (permalink)
Lamps
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zipnugget View Post
I was wondering if that might be the case. Are saying there's not enough board to handle my weight and that if I want softer I should have gone with the 160? The weight range for the 157.5 is 135-175.

Or are you saying I'm not heavy enough to cause it to squish?
Yes, I think he's saying you're too light for that size.

Interesting perspective, thanks for sharing it. Sounds like the antler isn't a park only board and is good for all mountain. Interested in your perspective after a few more rides. Also will be interested to see if you feel that it's a slow board after a few more trips out. I have a Sherlock and I think that it's a slow board too, the shape and profile are great for turns and for soft snow but it makes it slower relative to other boards when riding groomers. I don't think it's much slower and when someone passes me I always think it's my riding not the board, but relative to my other cambered board I find the flying V shape is slower. Doesn't bother me, your comment about turns and playing around being better than full on speed resonates with me, particularly for a flying V shape, if you want to go fast stiff cambered boards are the way to go.
Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote