Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Ankle injury....riding with brace
View Single Post
Old 11-30-2012, 09:24 AM   #12 (permalink)
Howlingsonnets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tech420 View Post
I have bad ankles that have given me fits throughout my life. I tweaked it pretty good a few weeks ago and am still having a problem with it. Has anyone tried to ride with any additional ankle support whether it be a wrap, sleeve, brace...etc? I want to get out and ride this weekend, but would like some extra support. I was thinking of heading over to the local med supply store and picking up one of those sleeve/sock type braces to wear inside my boot.
I dont ride w a brace...i do a tape job on my right ankle (even tho both ankles arent great its mostly my right that is my enemy)

I have achilles tendonitis and my two ligaments (perennial ligaments in back of ankle) are very worn n weak from soccer...i had an achilles boot for 2 mos up until 2 weeks ago and the dr said snowboarding is ok to do bc the boots are very stiff compared to reg shoes/boots and flexing in them is more supportive as well as how it flexes in snowboarding compared to everyday walking/running etc....

You should be ok....just do some strengthening and def RICE....but you should be ok in just a boot but everyone is diff....good luck
Howlingsonnets is offline   Reply With Quote