Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - The Art of Flight Series (the making of)
View Single Post
Old 11-30-2012, 08:48 AM   #14 (permalink)
jdmccright

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gdog42 View Post
But out of all pro snowboarders, I must insist that Travis Rice is the worst.

Why? Well he had a contest to supposedly find out who the best snowboarder in the world is...
So, Rice spent the summer designing and completely overseeing the construction of the Redbull Supernatural course. He also chose the judges of the contest. None of this would have been a problem if he hadn't entered himself in the contest- which he did.
And of course, he won.

I told my friend about this, and he said what as probably the best way I've heard of describing it: "that's like me designing a maze and then challenging other people to a race through it- of course I'd win because I know the best way."

It wasn't a fair contest. And Rice's name is literally on almost every piece of Quicksilver snowboarding gear. Don' they have any other pros?

I also don't like how every snowboarding magazine seems to talk about him like a god or something every time he shows up, just because he can pull off the biggest tricks. He can do them, that's true, but there's 3 things I always consider that any pro athlete has to have to truly be the best:
1.) Mad skills.
2.) A good, respectful attitude and personality.
3.) Common sense.

Without all 3 of these, you can't be the best no matter how god you are.

Would you not say T.Rice is not one of the best in the world? Also it has been documented that he has said he only won a contest because of who he was a.d the other guy should have won.