Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - n00b "which board" thread (be gentle)
View Single Post
Old 11-30-2012, 09:30 AM   #5 (permalink)
Planet Boulder
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

So, after much deliberation, research, what-have-you, I decided to take a different tack. Instead of going for one board which matched my needs of many moons ago, I decided to sort of "branch out" and try some new technology as the price appeared right for being able to do so.

I went ahead and snagged a Rossi Jibsaw for $179 from Evo because, hell, that's a pretty hard price to beat for what appears to be a good board with which to try out a twin, hybrid camber board that can actually let me do a bit more in the way of jumps & such.

So, in the vein of keeping things relatively inexpensive and adding another type of board to the quiver, I'm now looking for something that is more freeride-oriented (though not necessarily in strict accordance with my previously stated requirements - doesn't have to be super stiff or traditional camber).

I'm still looking at Forums, but, from what I can gather, none seem to really be suited for the more freeride-oriented experience. Is this accurate or is there one which could suit? I know I mentioned the Holy Moly, but it seems to be more park-oriented. Is the same true for the Destroyer (looking at a 2012 model)?

Another board I've seen at decent prices which might suit is the Technine MVP. Anyone have any thoughts on that for what I'm looking for? Oh, and I'm still considering the Rides mentioned in the post above.
Planet Boulder is offline   Reply With Quote