Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - The Art of Flight Series (the making of)
View Single Post
Old 11-30-2012, 09:47 AM   #15 (permalink)
kaka

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmccright View Post
Would you not say T.Rice is not one of the best in the world? Also it has been documented that he has said he only won a contest because of who he was a.d the other guy should have won.
But what's the argument here? That he controversially won that contest, or that he as an attitude problem, as per the OP?

He won supernatural by throwing down a sick run, no doubt about it. Was there a better run by anyone else? There is no correct answer. It's always going to be up for debate because it's a matter of opinion. Of course he had the advantage going in, he designed the course. I don't get why that upsets people because if he wasn't involved, this thing would have never come together at all.

As you drift into the limelight in any sport, you are responsible for making other people money (ie. sponsors, tv, etc) so you'll probably have over-exposure at times, a lot of hype, etc. You'll also have to endure a lot of interviews where the athlete has "dumb it down" for the mainstream. It's just the way it works.

He is someone who donates time meeting the kids who look up to him, participates in meet & greets, all that crap. Like I said, I had the chance to meet him by chance, bumped into him, he was a normal dude, very friendly guy. Most importantly, he's one of the best snowboarders out there, probably of all time who is greatly respected by his peers in the industry, which is the most important thing.