Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - The Art of Flight Series (the making of)
View Single Post
Old 11-30-2012, 11:29 AM   #18 (permalink)
ShredLife
The Rooster King

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurtonAvenger View Post
Are you sure you're even in your 20's? Every time you post I facepalm myself then question if you have the mental capacity of a sea sponge.

I've met Travis a few times, talked with him briefly, have a lot of friends that work/live/ride with him. The whole concept of Supernatural wasn't to crown a winner regardless of what they led you to believe, it was to showcase the other side of snowboarding that the mainstream never sees. RedBull dumped a shit ton into that to market that event to get people out of the mindset that snowboarding is this formulated halfpipe or slopestyle run.

Also if you think he actually "oversaw" the building of that course you're insane. It was what's his nuts from Baldface that did all the work, the lay out, etc. etc. After the fact they realized they laid it out completely wrong and are going to have to change it going forward for the riders.

Now I will say this "Art of Flight" should be called "Art of Filler" Airplanes filming helicopters filming airplanes filming guys on sleds filming elks migrating filming grass blowing in the wind. It's a movie not for snowboarders it's for people that ride maybe once a year, use snowboarding as more a social gathering or backdrop, and just wanted some eye candy. If you want to see snowboarding for snowboarders pick up Absinthe.
fucking elk dude. the plural of elk is elk. elks are old fucks in a lodge playing bingo.

GDoggy you truly are retarded.