Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

does new board need wax?

7K views 27 replies 16 participants last post by  Easto 
#1 ·
Hey guys I will be getting a board shipped in next week, just wondering if it comes preloaded or if i need to wax it.
It's a K2 Raygun

#5 ·
Factory wax protects the base for the sales floor so it doesn't look dry and ashy. It doesn't hold up well on the hill. You may get a day or two riding out of the wax. Personally I always wax my own boards every 3-4 days riding and brand new boards get waxed it before going out the first day.

#24 ·
Elpoep peek gnitsop eht emas gnith :dunno:

E p g e e g
l e n h m n
p e i t a i
o e t s h
e k s t
p o
p :dunno:

BTW,.. You misspelled gniht !!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

#23 ·
Wax it right away. Last year was my first season and I didn't have anyone to teach me anything so I went 6 days on factory wax. The 6th day on the factory wax was the worst day ever. It was so much easier to catch edges, the board didn't glide well at all, and everything too so much more effort. I eventually went out and got my own waxing stuff and the first day on the fresh wax was like sex on the beach. It was incredible. Wax her right away, it will always be better than factory wax.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.