Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - What goggles to fit sandbox classic helmet
View Single Post
Old 11-30-2012, 03:28 PM   #13 (permalink)
Jibbity

Quote:
Originally Posted by BottleOfSause View Post
Good stuff!! Pictures to follow???
Hah! I left my film crew at home unfortunately.

Some caveats on my feedback: I have a big head, a wideish nose, I wear my sandbox low so that it stays down at speed and I really don't like that saggy goggle feeling where they ride low on my nose.

I got the Platoons, they match the underside of the brim pretty well, but they are way too tall for me. I like my helmet to sit low, and the Platoons are total nose squishers for me. I do have a fairly wide nose, though... they also do not offer much in the way of Field Of View for their size, they sit too far away from the face putting all kinds of foam in my vision. This may be better if you have a narrower face.

Tried the Marshalls as well, and they are a PERFECT fit for the brim, sit just right on the face, and have the exact same top to bottom FOV as the Platoons as they sit closer to the eyes. Unfortunately, they shrunk the frame in all directions and for me (wideish face) they offer pretty poor peripheral. In fact, they are sort of uncomfortable because the side foam is so close to my eyes. Bummer for me, so close to being perfect... If you have a narrow face though, I suspect these would be great.

Went through Von Zippers lineup and didn't find anything that I felt fit well while still offering up a nice FOV.

I'm going to double check tonight, but I think I am actually going to go with the Smith I/Os as sort of the best all around. They offer a decent match to the helmet (depending on how you wear the straps) and do pretty well in all areas. I will see what I can do about getting some photos up. It will be hard to see anyway with my black helmet.
Jibbity is offline   Reply With Quote