Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

Burton Diode or Cartel est

16K views 24 replies 9 participants last post by  Liveeight 
#1 ·
Hey guys,

I recently purchased new burton 2013 mystery 158 and was wondering if i would be worth upgrading by current 2011 cartel est restricted edition to the new burton 2013 diodes?

thx

#16 ·
they will probably be crazy expensive... i was in the snowboard / ski shop area of Tokyo last week and found that most things were around 50 to 75% above USA prices. although I cannot say for certain, I highly doubt that prices in Niseko or Kutchan would be any lower.

#22 ·
Well after talking to a few people i think i will end up getting the genesis as i will be spending a good deal of time practicing butters and trying out powder for the first time lol. NZ doesnt really get powder to the same degree as what Japan is supposed to get.

Diode will probs be for a stiffer board than the mystery which is only a 5.

#24 ·
I was in various shops this weekend and staff are really raving about the genesis, I was very suspicious of the hammock thingy but I spoke to a guy who said that it was sweet for low speed playing around, gave you a little room, and then at speed when you pushed into it it locked into the high back and was very solid.

It is a super light binding to boot. I was weighing C60 switch to diodes, now flirting with genesis as an alternative. Need a demo day for sure.

#25 ·
Yea i have been finding it difficult to choose between the two. The only real reason i might end up with a diode is that one of the snow shops around here actually has a medium set 2012 which i can buy for cheap. Genesis i would still have to buy off ebay.

Is there any difference between the 2012 and 2013 diodes?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.