Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - ns raptor vs salomon burner?
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 12-01-2012, 03:21 AM Thread Starter
leeoniya

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Question ns raptor vs salomon burner?

Hey peeps,

Been freeriding an '09 NS Titan 160 (i'm 6'/155lbs) for a few years and would like a lighter board that handles better on jumps. However, I don't want to give up too much speed, stability, dampness, edgehold. Since NS has pretty much gone all R&C, I've read that the Raptor feels quite different and less stable at high speeds and cannot pull turns like a full camber board.

So I've been looking around for a fast (probably plain camber), light freeride board and read lots of rave reviews about the Salomon Burner which is supposed to be blindingly fast, stable/damp and better at jumps but worse edgehold than the Titan (maybe cause it's tapered). I know NS is renowned for board quality and durable construction & topsheet. Salomon has much less history with boards, so my concern is quality. The Burner is priced in the same range as the Raptor, so I would hope it can take several years of punishment and be a deserving replacement, but who knows?

any helpful advice or possibly other worthy boards in this class would be greatly appreciated, thanks!