Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - The Official Michigan Winter Thread
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2012, 07:53 AM   #2327 (permalink)
chomps1211
Not quite reformed yet

Whew!! PK was pretty good last night! I like that softer stuff a LOT better than that slab ice shit!! Shot outta work and got there around 7:30-ish, stayed till close @11. Now,.. I'm definitely sore today!! (...it's becoming obvious I didn't do near enough MTB riding or squats in the gym this summer!)

Did more falling than I did @ AV Wed. night, but most of that was because I spent some time carving turns "switch" on the Black run there! As steep as it was, I would get going a lot faster than I felt confidant in doing while goofy and washed out hard on a few heel & toeside turns! (...is it me, or do the toeside washouts at speed seem to get a little "Hairy-er" than just fallin' & sliding around on you azz!??)

...anyway, I had fun! My buttering spins are looking a lot better. ...Faster & a lot more like spins and not just linked 180's! I even managed a tail press or two on the bunny hill's mellow. (...nothing really impressive. think I only held it for maybe 6-8 ft.! but it was a press & I didn't fall! )

Hope Y'all have fun out there today! ...and Sabatoa, when you get the chance, be sure to let us know how things are up there @ Boyne!!

2012/13 (48) days out!
2013/14 (44) days out!
chomps1211 is offline   Reply With Quote