Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Help me pick my Never Summer Board!
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2012, 03:49 PM   #9 (permalink)
Fredlicious

Hey guys, thanks for all the responses so far!

On the Raptor, it looks better and better the more I look at it. The Shayboarder review, in particular, jumped out at me because it mentions Mammoth, groomers, and tree riding, which is all right up my alley.

The Proto CT is too far on the freestyle side of things to really fit my style.

I had not given much consideration to the Cobra only because the reviews that I read were not as glowing as some of the other NS boards. That being said, I am not against learning something I wasn't expecting to. According to Never Summer's "selection chart," the Cobra is actually probably closer to the side that appeals to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowklinger View Post
The cobra is too soft and pow specific for those locations.
What about the board makes it more of a powder board than the Heritage? The reviews on the TheGoodRide seem to imply the Cobra is better for groomers while the Heritage is built to float on powder. It's also worth noting that, while the snow in Big Bear is always thin and powder-less, Mammoth and Breck can (and have been) better in that regard, and I spend much more time in the latter locations than the former.

Last edited by Fredlicious; 12-01-2012 at 03:51 PM.
Fredlicious is offline   Reply With Quote