Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Help me pick my Never Summer Board!
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2012, 03:52 PM   #12 (permalink)
snowklinger
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredlicious View Post
I had not given much consideration to the Cobra only because the reviews that I read were not as glowing as some of the other NS boards. That being said, I am not against learning something I wasn't expecting to. According to Never Summer's "selection chart," the Cobra is actually probably closer to the side that appeals to me.

What about the board makes it more of a powder board than the Heritage? The reviews on the TheGoodRide seem to imply the Cobra is better for groomers while the Heritage is built to float on powder. It's also worth noting that, while the snow in Big Bear is always thin and powder-less, Mammoth and Breck can (and have been) better in that regard, and I spend much more time in the latter locations than the former.
The design of the Cobra is pow-specific, simple. That is not to say it wouldn't be great on groomers and trees. TBH it would be a better choice imo than the Raptor.

I still say Heritage hands down, but its just an opinion(probably because I like to be more freestyle myself).

Pretty sure any of these boards would make you happy, keep that in mind. It's like stressing over a 2cm deck length...