Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - REVIEW: 2012 Lib Tech Lando Phoenix
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2012, 08:40 PM   #2 (permalink)
hktrdr
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldman View Post
Now to the new Deck.

I hit the hill today and took 2 decks with me for a bit of back to back comparison / review. Deck 1 is a 159 2011 Rossi One Magtek with 2010 Flow NXT-AT binders. Deck 2 is a 160 2012 Lib Tech Lando Phoenix with 2013 Flow NX2-AT binders.

It was an "ok" day for this early in the season. Some softer snow, some harder/icier sections, so a mixed bag of conditions. I rode my standby deck, the Rossi, to start the day and get my legs under me as it was my first day on the hill this season. This deck is a recognized, solid all round performer. If one can have only one board, this is an excellent choice.

I make this statement as one who spends no time in the park. My riding style is fairly hard and fast on the run and if there is pow to be found off the run, I'll go play in it from time to time.

The One Mag is fast, stable, fairly damp and with the MT, will hold an edge very well on harder surfaces. If this deck has one drawback, it is that when things get soft, it will "bite" harder than you might like and you find yourself having to "catch" it when the "bite" happens. Remember this deck is cambered between your feet and rockers at the ends. Can be unnerving at times. But for me riding on the "Ice Coast", I enjoy the edge hold 8 days out of 10.

With my legs under me, I switched onto the Lando.

First impression; damper, smoother ride than the Rossi. Little less chatter.

Speed is pretty even (both decks have identical hot wax jobs).

The Lando has a milder version of MT than the Rossi and that "bite" of the Rossi did not appear. Edge hold was good, but did not "lock" like the Rossi does. The Lando is rockered between your feet, cambered under your feet and rockers out to the tip and tail from there. Turning was very easy and predictable, wipe sweepers or quick edge to edge, the board was very easy to control.

No powder today, so no comment. This deck has a one inch setback at the reference settings. That is where I rode today, but I suspect that setting the binders all the way back will make this a more than competent powder ride.

I am very happy with the Lando. I acquired the board for those days when the conditions are softer / powder. I will continue to ride my Rossi on hard morning groomers and windblown icy days. ( Ice Coast riding )

In 2012, the Lando was only available in two sizes. For 2013 there are now three. If you ride where conditions are good for the majority of the time and one of the sizes fits you, then the Lando would make a very good one quiver board for the rider who likes to ride hard and fast and still be able to enjoy the powder.
Thanks for sharing your experience.

Small correction: I am pretty sure the the Lib-Tech Lando has no rocker outside the feet - it is standard Lib-Tech C2 with camber all the way to the contact points.
hktrdr is offline   Reply With Quote