Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - "the happening"
Thread: "the happening"
View Single Post
Old 06-13-2008, 11:10 PM   #5 (permalink)
Simply^Ride

Well he might not suck in his overall career, but in this movie the guy must of been on drugs or something. He just did a horrible job, he plays a straight married guy, but most of the movie he looks gay and confused (not trying to offend anyone, it's just my perspective).

When I gave the movie a 70% I overlooked the acting, I know it's not right but I did it just for the sake of the director. The beginning of the movie is solid and even the plot is interesting, someone could debate that the ending sucks, but i think it was just ok (he has done much better in the past).

But if I have to account for the acting in the rating, I would settle with a 50%. I believed this is the type of movie that can be broken or maid by the main actor (that's a stupid argument ), but anyway our friend Mark did a great job at destroying this picture .

the movie actually has a mood similar to War of the Worlds, but it does not get nearly as good as that movie.

Last edited by Simply^Ride; 06-14-2008 at 01:04 AM.