Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

My first time snowboarding!

Tags
first time
2K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  otisdelarosa 
#1 · (Edited)
My first time snowboarding, I went to Red Lodge Mountain Resort in southern Montana. I drove here and now I'm eating, posting this with my iPhone. We were to late to the lessons so we didn't get them but I'd say I did pretty good for my first time. And by the end I could link my toe-turns and heel-turns together. The conditions were pretty much dirt and ice so I was sad haha and well my dad might take me up again next week. Well my foods here so I should eat now and btw, Go Georgia Dawgs!!

#5 ·
glad that your learning to board. keep it up. btw, i go there too(every weekend) and its not really dirt and ice(not being a jerk) but its more soft,groomed snow due to temp around mid 30's to 40 degrees. hoping to get more snow soon so they can open up more runs. and if you would like, i can help you out with your turns. and sorry about your Georgia dawgs, they played are great game but just ran out of time on their last drive.

#6 ·
Yeah, I guess, I just saw the lower miami was dirt and then some guy I asked said to not go up because it was icy, but it was still fun. I might go up on Wednsday because I get out of school at 12pm and if I don't go on Wednsday then I'll either go on Thursday or Saturday! And yeah well hopefully Notre Dame beats them! :)

#7 ·
i'm rooting for ND too cuz i think they deserve it. anyways,if you see a boarder with a NOTW sticker on a black helmet that would be me. I go every weekend and usually ride alone on saturday and have my 9 yr old niece and my 2 yr-old grand son on sundays.

#8 ·
Yeah me too. I will look I will post something when I go or I'll message you. Today if you saw me I was mainly on the Magic Carpet (I know embarrasing haha) I wasn't doing to good for the most part but got it in the end, but I had orange pants and a blue coat.

#13 ·
Stoked for you man! Also, dont EVER feel embarrassed for being new or in the learning curve. Good snowboarders are always learning new stuff. Have fun, progress steadily and use the "building block" approach to your progression; master each step to build solid foundations on which to build upon for each new level.....:thumbsup:
this. as usual, snowolf posts great advice.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.