Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Burton Antler
Thread: Burton Antler
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2012, 03:54 AM   #22 (permalink)
olidonog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zipnugget View Post
I was just closing tabs on my browser and I saw this text describing the Antler in a review:

Imagine a Burton Custom X with more drivability. Now imagine a Burton Joystick with more torque. What youve just imagined is the Burton Antler. Yes its limits can be push beyond where you think you can push them. The 60 Carbon Highlights Hi-Voltage give it a more playful pop than the aggressive 45 that the Custom X has.

I think that's actually a perfect description. This board is a super forgiving Custom X. It was aggressive enough that I never felt like it couldn't handle the steep hairy stuff. I think it might be the perfect board for how I ride. My big worry was that it wouldn't be aggressive enough keeping up with the people I ride with but that's not going to be a problem.
A good honest review. Nice to see you thought it held an edge. I too have the 2008 custom. It would be interesting to know why you went for the antler instead of maybe a new custom flying-v though? I like the anter and something makes me want to just go out and buy it and I have no idea what that is??
olidonog is offline   Reply With Quote