Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Stupid shit going on.
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2012, 12:24 PM   #48 (permalink)
Gdog42

You guys are talking about this thread, right?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/snowboarding-general-chat/51731-art-flight-series-making.html

At first I was being an asshole about Travis Rice, assuming he's just full of himself because he won a contest to determine "the best all round snowboarder on the planet" because he played a big part of developing it.

I became convinced that it was stupid to judge someone so harshly just because of one event in their career (except for Charlie Sheen, of course!). So, I did make an apology towards Rice (page 7) because it was wrong to make bad assumptions about him while not really knowing a lot about who he really is; except that people consider him to be the best snowboarder because of that contest. I still don't think the contest was fair but, what the hell. I'm on this forum to talk about the good things about snowboarding (pretty much everything). I don't like arguing. That's not what this sport is about. It's about having fun and THAT"S IT.

But seriously, a certain two of the users on that thread just took it way too seriously and were being absolute dicks about it the whole time. They really didn't need to be that immature about it.

Snowolf came along and ended the whole thing, which I appreciate.