Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Burton Antler
Thread: Burton Antler
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2012, 02:13 PM   #23 (permalink)
Zipnugget

Quote:
Originally Posted by olidonog View Post
A good honest review. Nice to see you thought it held an edge. I too have the 2008 custom. It would be interesting to know why you went for the antler instead of maybe a new custom flying-v though? I like the anter and something makes me want to just go out and buy it and I have no idea what that is??
I know what you mean. I had the Flying V out in the shop and I was really considering it, but the Antler seemed so interesting. Plus, the guy in the shop who had ridden it seemed to genuinely love it. I rode it again yesterday. It's such a weird board. I think it's more of an all-mountain board than a park board. It's an all-mountain board that is forgiving. One thing that is new is that I had to ride it on real ice yesterday for a short stretch, and it was brutal. It does not handle sheer ice very well at all. That's fine, because who wants to ride on ice anyway, but I was actually scared trying to find some grip. Hard packed snow is fine.

I didn't ride hard yesterday because of who I was with, but I'm going out again on Tuesday and I'm going to ride a lot harder so we'll see.

Finally, I think what makes me think the board is so stiff is that the tip and tail are stiff compared to my old Custom. I realized that after finding a comment on a review somewhere that said that.

I'm really looking forward to hearing from someone else that bought one.
Zipnugget is offline   Reply With Quote