Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Help me pick my Never Summer Board!
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2012, 02:34 PM   #21 (permalink)
Angler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowolf View Post
None taken and if I took your "fan boy" comment the wrong way, my apologies; from this end, combined with your stated fear of being flamed, I interpreted it as kind of a parting shot...

Really, its all good and your alternative opinion is valued and if you noticed, I have reviewed and been a big advocate of other boards too (namely the Gnu Billy Goat). I actually more wanted to assure you that we are not classic "fanboys" and that no one is going to flame you for a quality opinion just because it is not Neversummer. My part time back country partner, Shredlife just picked up a Jones Hovercraft split board and we recently rode together; the thing is just sick....
I think you did misinterpret my use of " fan boys". I was trying to be tongue and cheek with it. It does seem that there is a basis towards NS boards ( even though there is good reason as they make a great board) on the forum so I was trying to give some other options. Since I ride on the east and only get out west once a year the herritage has a tough time on hard pack going at high speeds. It gets very loose and has a hard time tracking well. In most conditions it's a great board. I love the edge to edge response, it's a turning machine! Also great in pow as well. With that being said when I view it as a all mountain board for the east coast it falls a bit short because of the way it rides on east coast hard pack. The rocker camber NS uses does not work as well out east as it does in the west because of the icy conditions at times. So there is my 2 cents... On another note have the hovercraft as well very sick board great in pow and surprisingly well on hard pack as well.
Angler is offline   Reply With Quote