Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Do you think it will effect us?
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2012, 04:11 PM   #13 (permalink)
ARSENALFAN
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by extra0 View Post
I read somewhere that the oil sands are the single largest source of air pollution on earth, so it doesn't surprise me people (employees and benefactors) from alberta are trying to discredit that.

Oil sands also have a profound negative impact on lakes/local water quality and they are preparing to mow down 25,000 square miles of the Boreal forest in expansion.

Of all places, Canada is doing more than their part in destroying snowboarding.
I lean towards the global warming side of the equation. The problem is that every single person in Alberta has a job, most of them very high paying, and have never experienced unemployment in their life. There are so many jobs to take advantage of, the hard part is picking one. If you don't like your cushy 80k a year job you just go somewhere the next day and accept a nice raise. The average home is 500K and nobody seems to have a problem making the payments as well as getting in their 2 hot Mexican vacations a year. So humans take pleasure over misery. Human nature I guess. Kinda sickening but true.