Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - New Binding angle set up
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2012, 04:15 PM   #6 (permalink)
tonyisnowhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowolf View Post
I am with Nwboarder here. Stay with the angles that you are comfortable with. I take it this is your first camber deck so it is going to take a little getting used to and changing your stance angles now just adds another variable to the mix.

A word of caution to you if this is indeed your first time on a fully cambered dack. Pay way more attention to your edge control and avoid flat basing completely until you become very edge aware. Cambered decks are not as forgiving of slight mistakes or just sloppy riding as a rocker and are prone to catch edge hard when you do fuck up. Ride conservatively and take some time to really get a feel for the edginess of this new board; your ass and your face will thank you for being cautious....
Yes you are right! Snowolf I am 32 years old with two babies and a wife, No risks for me haha. Thank you for your input! A few people told me similar advice. But this is the first I hear about "Avoid flat basing". I do appreciate it! I plan on keeping to super easy hills at first(back to the bunny slopes!). The main reason I want to ride camber is because I know I am a sloppy rider and the rocker allows me to be. I want to improve in every way I can and going to camber I thought would really teach me better technique and more technical riding. I also plan on taking another private lesson so I have someone point out what I need to improve or tighten up. I might try a more directional set up just for shits and giggles. I don't plan on trying to ride switch on the camber until I got going forward down. Any good (mild )forward stances numbers that would ok if I need to end up in switch and not eat it.
tonyisnowhere is offline   Reply With Quote