Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Do you think it will effect us?
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2012, 06:30 PM   #17 (permalink)
Donutz
Drunk with power...er beer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.B. View Post
Not to be disrespectfull, but this is miss-informed, the amount of burned acerage in the last 30 years is a fraction of what had burned from the 1830- 1950.
Maybe we're misunderstanding each other, but that's what I said. So I'm misinformed but you agree with me???

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.B. View Post
Also deforestation in north America is a myth, there is more trees today than 100 years ago. In fact we consume less than 1/3 of the forest than what is sustainable.
Oh for Christs sake. So where are all the people living now that weren't here 100 years ago? In the desert? In the bottom of the rivers? C.B., I'm old enough to remember the lower mainland in the 60's and there's NO FUCKING WAY there's more trees here now. I have pictures in my photo album of the north shore with almost no houses on it (now it's houses almost all the way up).

Ever heard of clearcuts? BC in particular is lousy with them. The natives in the Amazon are being forced out of their traditional lands by deforestation. There are satellite pix showing before and after, and there are a lot less trees than before. So where are all these magical new trees going in? The desert, again?

Sometimes the bullshit that comes out of the republitard grist mill just drives me goofy.

And with this post, I realize I'm going to have to move this thread. Sorry, OP. You've been threadjacked.

I hate the parts between winter