Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - The Official Michigan Winter Thread
View Single Post
post #2341 of (permalink) Old 12-02-2012, 06:30 PM
sabatoa
-Weekend Warrior-

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 135 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by chomps1211 View Post
I remember reading that you n Leo n Sabatoa all said you'd made "day trips" up thata way!!

I drive for a living & that's WAY too much for me in a day. Especially since I have a tendancy to "overdo" it riding. Maybe it's 'cuz I'm new to the sport and haven't yet done a lot of riding on good hills or snow, but when I go,.. I stay on the snow every second I can. I keep hitting the runs till I can't run NoMo!! A few short smoke breaks or to catch my breath is all. I even take my Camelbak so I don't have to stop to hydrate.

After a day of riding I'm FAR to exhausted to drive four hours.

In fact, I go so long 'n' hard that last year, after my vacation, I was still in pain a month after. (...probably not the best way to do things!) . I was hoping for more, better, and longer lived snow this year so I wouldn't feel so "Frantic" about spending time on the snowboard!
I've done it but the day trip to Highlands suuuuucks.

Day tripping to Boyne Mountain is better, I did that once when I still had to be back in Lansing by 6p so I only rode a few hours.

The day trips to Caberfae aren't bad. It's about a two hour drive for me to the Cadillac area and it feels fast.

'12 NS Legacy 163

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Days on snow 2015/2016 season:
  • Boyne Highlands: 16
  • Boyne Mountain: 2
  • Mt Holly: 1
  • Caberfae Peaks: 1
  • Nubs Nob: 1
  • Lake Louise: 3