Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - The Official Michigan Winter Thread
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2012, 06:30 PM   #2342 (permalink)
sabatoa
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by chomps1211 View Post
I remember reading that you n Leo n Sabatoa all said you'd made "day trips" up thata way!!

I drive for a living & that's WAY too much for me in a day. Especially since I have a tendancy to "overdo" it riding. Maybe it's 'cuz I'm new to the sport and haven't yet done a lot of riding on good hills or snow, but when I go,.. I stay on the snow every second I can. I keep hitting the runs till I can't run NoMo!! A few short smoke breaks or to catch my breath is all. I even take my Camelbak so I don't have to stop to hydrate.

After a day of riding I'm FAR to exhausted to drive four hours.

In fact, I go so long 'n' hard that last year, after my vacation, I was still in pain a month after. (...probably not the best way to do things!) . I was hoping for more, better, and longer lived snow this year so I wouldn't feel so "Frantic" about spending time on the snowboard!
I've done it but the day trip to Highlands suuuuucks.

Day tripping to Boyne Mountain is better, I did that once when I still had to be back in Lansing by 6p so I only rode a few hours.

The day trips to Caberfae aren't bad. It's about a two hour drive for me to the Cadillac area and it feels fast.
  • Boyne Mountain: 1
  • Mt Holly: 1
  • Mt. Brighton: 1
  • Caberfae Peaks: 1
  • Crystal Mountain: 2
  • Bittersweet: 1
sabatoa is offline   Reply With Quote