Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Already better then last year-a few pics from mammoth
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2012, 07:54 PM   #12 (permalink)
Wangta

Was on the mountain from 9 to 4 yesterday - Snowed lightly all day but winds were really bad and heavy fog at 9000 feet and above made it really tough to see. However they opened up Facelift (lift 3) at about noon and it was awesome - tons and tons of pow. Must of gone up and down that 8 times trying to improve my pow skills. High winds limited much of the mountain - I think only 4 lifts opened yesterday.

I was about to head out today but saw that only the lower gondola was open due to wind. I think they opened up two others but then closed them shortly thereafter, so only only the gondola was running! Too bad - it was snowing like crazy all day. Tomorrow is supposed to clear up - hoping for a partial bluebird day with tons of pow and more runs open.

Attached pic is at 2 pm this afternoon - big wet flakes still comin down in town. I am guessing that the mountain is getting dumped on right now. More for tomorrow!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20121202_141442.jpg (62.1 KB, 207 views)

Last edited by Wangta; 12-02-2012 at 08:04 PM.
Wangta is offline   Reply With Quote