Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Do you think it will effect us?
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2012, 09:52 PM   #30 (permalink)
HoboMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by extra0 View Post
o.k. you proved your point, but getting personal on my on me is strange. You know nothing about me other than I like to snowboard. I work from my home and rarely drive anywhere - pretty much only for the occasional surf and snowboard sesh and to take my father to the doctor. I actually walk or ride my bike to get groceries and anything/everything else I can do that doesn't involve driving. My carbon footprint is undoubtedly smaller than yours, so chill.
I don't think he is personally attacking you, he is attacking the reality that you are an American, which means that unless you live 100% off-the-grid you have an unsustainable footprint.

Simply using basic services we have developed and take for granted spawn from unsustainable processes. He's just trying to demystify the ideology many Americans have that if they shop at the CO-OP and ride their bicycle to work they magically become exempt from the over-consumption conversation. Not saying that those things don't make a difference or that you should just be apathetic, it's just important to realize you are likely buying into "green" propaganda.