Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Stupid shit going on.
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2012, 06:36 AM   #92 (permalink)
Bayoh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowolf View Post
Eh, the Reader`s Digest version goes about like so, I was a noob with about a year of riding under my belt and had just become an instructor and thought I was the shit. Said something stupid and BA called me out on it in his usual warm and fuzzy way. I got totally butthurt because I didnt get who the guy was and I acted like a total douchebag .

Over the years across a couple of different forums I evolved, gained experience, knowledge and I hope at least a little wisdom; enough to know I didnt know shit then and only know a tiny bit now. I learned who the guy really was as a person and as a rider and gained respect for him. It also needs to be said that even though I douched out and was a total prick, the guy genuinely helped me with some gear advice and did not hold any grudge; a lesser man would have told me to get fucked.

Over the years a mutual respect developed and last spring I got to finally meet him in person and spent half a day riding with him, well trying to keep up with him to be more accurate and had a fucking blast! One of the funnest guys you could ever ride with....
This story gave me a warm and fuzzy feeling
Bayoh is offline   Reply With Quote