Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - wrong board for me?
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2012, 10:21 AM   #1 (permalink)
newnew

Default wrong board for me?

I don't mean to exhaust this topic since i'm assuming you've all read this time and time again, but i really need some insight on if i'm riding the right board.

i'm currently 5'10, 140lbs riding a 152 skate banana.

I've had this board for about 3 season now and i just started to get into the park last season. i felt that i couldn't butter or do much with it as it was too stiff (even though it should be the exact opposite), and when i could get some butters in, i would just fall backwards because of the deep angle i had to hold to get the board to come up.

on the other hand, the board is amazing in the mountains, i can carve like a champ and do everything else. it's just when the park and butters come in that the troubles arise.

I'm wondering if the 152 is too big and if i should go down to a 147?

that being said,

i was thinking of getting a never summer evo 147. but i really don't want to buy a new board just because i can't keep a flex in it. i do love the SB. don't really want to replace it but if i keep failing at my freeriding i may have to change it up.

someone please prove me wrong. lol