Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Stupid shit going on.
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2012, 10:32 AM   #113 (permalink)
Tarzanman
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowolf View Post
You can name names. If it's an honest feeling, bring it up. You may or may not be referring to me but I will gladly address your point which is a valid one. You're right to a degree. As I said earlier, this is not a democracy and not all members are equal. Not going to deny it nor apologize for it. There are interpersonal dynamics going here that a new member cannot possibly understand......

....yeah, sure... as if this internet message board might be some kind of carefully controlled social experiment. That is a laugh.

TRANSLATION: There are a bunch of people on the board (both new and old) who flame the board. It is far too much time and hassle to be objective, consistent, and fair the entire time so I have opted for the 'Old boy' system instead.

To the OP and other similar minded folk: there is good information and even some good people to be found on the forum.... but the chaff you have to wade through, and the garbage that many folks like to put on the board is considerable. The reasons that this is the case are less important than the fact that the site owners care way, way less about the 'user/visitor experience' here than page hits.

Motorcycle.com runs more than a few forums that I frequent (i ride a sportbike, so i get around to a couple of them), but this one does have more adolescents (of varying ages) ranting and insulting one another on it than I see on others.

My suggestions if you don't want to deal with the drama:
1. Limit your time/posts here and go elsewhere for snow sports related discussion (Epic ski, TGR, etc)
2. Don't give the site any money (memberships/ads, etc)
3. Use the search before bothering to post a question. A great many things get asked over and over again, receiving different answers from different people. Unless the information you are looking for is specific to current times/season... it has almost certainly already been discussed half a dozen times.

If you do stick around, it will help to recognize this place for what it is at its core..... IRC for the 21st century. If you aren't old enough to understand the reference then my apologies.
Read on another forum: "If someone held a gun to my head and said, "You have to move to Salida tomorrow", I'd probably do it. If they told me I had to go to Breckenridge instead, I think I'd just let them pull the trigger."
Tarzanman is offline   Reply With Quote