Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Bob Costas and NBC just shat upon the 2cd Amendment on Sunday Night Football
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2012, 02:39 PM   #41 (permalink)
hot-ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigmountainVMD View Post
He did only mention handguns, and I would like to see the numbers of self-defence instances where a handgun has helped compared to the number of murders/threats with a handgun.

I see this as more of a plea against handguns, not the 2nd amendment as a whole, just like the plea against automatic weapons after that movie theater slaughter.

This is not sarcastic or malicious, but can someone enlighten me on what, other than "protection," a handgun is used for? And don't say hunting...

I see where Costas is coming from, but I don't necessarily agree.

I get rifles and shotguns, but what are handguns used for, other than to extinguish human life? I think that is where all this comes from.

In case the above statements make you think otherwise, I am all about anything that reduces the human population and impact we have on our planet.

GO GUNS!
Coming from a proud gun enthusiast/hunter/family that knows a lot about guns, I can tell you that hand guns can be used for many different things such as: sport(there are target competitions all over the place), personal defense(concealed carry, and protection while hunting in areas that have bears and such), and I know you said not to say hunting,but I know many hunters who carry it as a secondary weapon,or a few as primary when hunting.