Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Hit a rock - is board repairable?
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2012, 03:45 PM   #11 (permalink)
Noreaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneshot View Post
totally! just go out there and blatantly lie and look like you are a defect of a human.. did you look at the picture at all?.. anyone in there right mind would look at that and tell ya to go eat a bag of you know whats if you claimed "defect"
OK, here's my experience: in the past decade I broke 3 snowboards. One was a clear defect, snapped the nose clean off. The other split during a simple spine jump, looked like that guy's only went 15" in. I don't know how or why it happened but it shouldn't have, there was a bit of ice on the landing though. The third one, a Jones, I wrecked running into a tree.

The first two were replaced under warranty. Jones wasn't. Still, I called them all in. Now, it is of course a matter of personal preference but I don't care how I might be looked at or what I'm told to "go eat". My ego doesn't get bruised either way and looking like a fool beats shelling out few hundred bucks for a new board any day.

Like I said, I'd try it. No harm in asking.
Noreaster is offline   Reply With Quote