Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Bob Costas and NBC just shat upon the 2cd Amendment on Sunday Night Football
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2012, 06:42 PM   #49 (permalink)
Sincraft

Quote:
Originally Posted by hot-ice View Post
Coming from a proud gun enthusiast/hunter/family that knows a lot about guns, I can tell you that hand guns can be used for many different things such as: sport(there are target competitions all over the place), personal defense(concealed carry, and protection while hunting in areas that have bears and such), and I know you said not to say hunting,but I know many hunters who carry it as a secondary weapon,or a few as primary when hunting.
Yes hand guns ARE used in the wild. Try killing a snake with a rifle close up when you wake up in an alcove and can't leave the alcove to shoot at the snake in your camp.

Or the drooling rabies ridden wild dog...

or the occasional mountain lion...

or the crazy crackhead that followed you from your car down the trail, thinking they have an easy victim in the middle of nowhere.

As long as there are crazy messed up people in the world, there is a need to protect ourselves with lethal force if necessary. Having the option vs not having the option, once you are in that situation, you will NEVER look back at guns as something you want to be without.