Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - A - frame or cottage plans?
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2012, 05:47 PM   #1 (permalink)
Sincraft

Default A - frame or cottage plans?

Ok sorry to post this in these forums, but I figured that MANY of you are back country high country based people that probably know a thing or two or twelve about this topic!

Im was interested in buying something in our hills, but everything I've looked at is a trailer on a piece of land.

If it is made from wood, it's outrageous.

The land I've found so far is like 20k for several acres. Some with views of our local resort.

I can find cheaper with less of a view, less land etc.

The problem is, I can't really find a company that sells wood packages or prefab A-frames that isn't charging an arm and a leg.

I really didnt want to go the plan route. I looked around for a shed and the size I wanted, all these places wanted like 7k for the wood package and plans...for a shed! I built something twice as nice from tongue/groove pine that looks like a mini cabin for a fraction of the price using plans. But, it was a pain sourcing some of the materials and working from unproven plans.

So if anyone has knowledge of this, Id appreciate a PM or even a post in here about how I can build my ride retreat only moments from my resort.