Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - A - frame or cottage plans?
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 12-03-2012, 05:47 PM Thread Starter
Sincraft

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
A - frame or cottage plans?

Ok sorry to post this in these forums, but I figured that MANY of you are back country high country based people that probably know a thing or two or twelve about this topic!

Im was interested in buying something in our hills, but everything I've looked at is a trailer on a piece of land.

If it is made from wood, it's outrageous.

The land I've found so far is like 20k for several acres. Some with views of our local resort.

I can find cheaper with less of a view, less land etc.

The problem is, I can't really find a company that sells wood packages or prefab A-frames that isn't charging an arm and a leg.

I really didnt want to go the plan route. I looked around for a shed and the size I wanted, all these places wanted like 7k for the wood package and plans...for a shed! I built something twice as nice from tongue/groove pine that looks like a mini cabin for a fraction of the price using plans. But, it was a pain sourcing some of the materials and working from unproven plans.

So if anyone has knowledge of this, Id appreciate a PM or even a post in here about how I can build my ride retreat only moments from my resort.

Say NO to GMO!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.