Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Custom splitboards
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2012, 09:08 PM   #3 (permalink)
timmytard
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by atr3yu View Post
I read over their site already about a week ago as I am planning on a split this spring / summer myself. Seems like a lot of money for something that seems so simple. I guess if you have no time or are not so good with tools it would be worth it. The waterjet thing.... meh, does it really matter that much? I doubt it. Honestly I am looking forward to making out material due to my smaller feet. I make even make two passes with the saw just b/c of this.

Also, speaking of split boards.... Timmy you still have that Slackcountry lying around?
Ya, still sittin' there, but that sounded like I wanted to get rid of it?

I haven't even tried it yet!! But I went yesterday on the 56 banana & it was tits deep

So, I think 2morra I'm takin' her on her maiden voyage? Maybe?
The past few days the freeing level has been right around base level, so the bottom really hasn't gotten shit, rocks everywhere

But 2000 feet above that it has been snowing nonstop for the past 5 or 6 days.
They've only had Skychair open 2wice, yesterday & the day before because of winds.

3 days ago I went up there & did 1 run & was soaked to the bone, basically getting Slurpee poured on you. Each drop was the size of a small Slurpee.

Yesterday I went up there, I missed the opening of Skychair the day before, god damn it. Didn't really matter though, both days were whiteout blizzard.
Wow, that's what I have to say about that.

Despite it being white on white in white, it was the shite! I went a bit too far out of bounds & had to hike close to an hour back in.
It was so foggy & blizzardy, that I actually hiked right across the run I was looking for, into a another out of bounds area.

That fucked me up a bit, I go out there all the time & last year went really far & had a 6 hour hike out.
I wasn't into doing that this early in the year so I purposely shut er down, but because of that crossing of the run, it was very confusing.
I didn't know I crossed the run until I got out & realized where I was.
Should really only have been a ten min hike, turned out to be an hour.

Hiking up 60+ degree slopes, in tits deep, sucks.

The next clear day is going to be EPIC, I'll bring my cam but it's hard to pull it out when it's that good.

TT

Then I am so close to immortality

Last edited by timmytard; 12-03-2012 at 09:47 PM.
timmytard is offline   Reply With Quote