Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Question about the Burton Hero?
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2012, 12:54 AM   #1 (permalink)
Backcountry
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Default Question about the Burton Hero?

So, for my christmas this year I'm going up to Moonlight Basin on some bus with 2 of my friends, who happen to be skiiers who are maybe a 7 out-of-10 for 12 year olds, meaning since I'm new I don't want to hold them back. Now, I know I'm not going to be able to keep up with them the whole time, it's just I want to be good enough to not be kinda embarressed. I told them I was a newer snowboarder and all so they know not to expect a pro, but my main question was there is some run at Moonlight Basin in the Stillwater Bowl that is called Stillwater Traverse and it is a blue run. I'm guessing by the area (right below the headwaters) is that it's probably powder and I just wanted to know if my Burton Hero 2012 138 cm would work just normally? I mean I think so but I'm just kinda, I don't know, just kinda feeling sorta iffy about it since it's a freestyle/jib board (or so I'm told). So as I was thinking it's probably A-Ok I just thought might as well post it on here since there are people on this forum that actually know stuff, and have experienced some of it. Because I really want to be able to ride that by December 29th, so I will have 2 maybe 3 more days of practicing at Red Lodge.

Oh, and last thing, if anyone one reading this has been to Moonlight Basin, particularly the Stillwater Bowl area, please let me know if for a blue run, is it a more difficult blue run? Thanks, all help is apreciated.

Last edited by Backcountry; 12-04-2012 at 12:57 AM.
Backcountry is offline   Reply With Quote