Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Azzpad or Skeletools
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2012, 12:28 AM   #11 (permalink)
lonerider
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony477g View Post
Im really looking for tailbone protection for now, later on when i start going to the park though would it be in my better interest to get the skeletool considering i can add pads to it and it has them all over? Is it really bulky? Do I need all the other pads?
I used to own both, but now I only wear the Azzpadz as they are less restrictive (at the tradeoff of hip/thigh protection) I did sew on extra d30 inserts to protect my hips a little (also glued a d3o pad right on the tailbone).

Both will give you excellent tailbone protection. If you are still out of control and liable to crash in any position (or into rails), then go skeletools.

I'm 5'9 150 lbs... but when I started wearing these pads I was only 140 lbs (most gained in upper body).

Both fit a skinnier person fine. Only the skeletools has removable pads when you machine wash it (I hand wash the azzpadz just by soaking it in the sink in some woolite/oxyclean).
lonerider is offline   Reply With Quote