Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - moving east to west...need advice
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2012, 03:15 AM   #14 (permalink)
wrathfuldeity
Resident poet

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheepstealer View Post
Political leanings? Really? I've never been overly opinionated when it comes to my political stance but is there more of a focus on politics out west than there is in the northeast?
ec has politics...idk it just more corporate beltway vs wc is perhaps ppl initiatives...both can be insane.

I'd think Portland and Seattle might work for ya...but they are mix of working class with nouveau corporate....abit different as far as sun, sunny personalities and the cities tend to roll up instead of going late night/all night; but also has world class backpacking, hiking, climbing, dh biking, sailing, kayak, scuba, microbrews and snow...just got to have gortex shells instead of the puffy.

Edit…However Vancouver BC would be much more like ec cosmopolitian with a touch of the queen and Asian influence compared to Seattle and Portland are pretty grungy. Bellingham is nice but not particulirly good for young couples....more like for young families but has great outdoor access.

Last edited by wrathfuldeity; 12-04-2012 at 03:32 AM.
wrathfuldeity is offline   Reply With Quote