Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Narrow fit boots/brands
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2012, 07:12 AM   #1 (permalink)
lachyzee

Default Narrow fit boots/brands

Hey all,

I did a search for this but the most recent threads seem to be about 2 years old.

I am after some narrow fit snowboarding boots. This will be my first ever boot upgrade from my original pair of Rides.

My foot is measured at an 11 B or C size. I wear 11.5 Nikes, and 10.5s or 11s in most other things. I also have narrow heels. 6", 180 pounds-ish.

Some specific things about me:

-10% park, 90% all mountain at the moment (I'd say I am probably looking for something mid-to high flex based on this and my weight? Not too sure). Living in Aus, though, the snow is often crap and I spend a lot of time on the sides of groomers doing little tricks and butters.
-To be paired with Rome 390 Boss bindings, Never Summer Proto board.

What I am looking for:

-A narrow fit, as stated
-A system to prevent heal lift (J bars or other inserts) - this is something that plagues me with my narrow heals
-BoA (prefer dual) or other effective speed lace system
-Heat moldable liner - seems like this is also a good thing to have for my situation

It seems that my desire for the above features will put me into the upper echelons of what the manufacturers are offering. I don't mind spending a bit of cash as I am hoping these will last me for some time.

I have emailed a few websites with this same query and they recommended, in no particular order

-Salomon, e.g. f22, f20 and the updated models
-K2, e.g. Thraxis (too expensive)
-DC and Nike Boots in general for their narrowness
-Burton Driver X

And so I was wondering if people have any recommendations for brands that run narrow in general, or boots that are narrow and fit the above criteria.

I should state that I fully intend to go and try everything that I am recommended on and am not trying to purchase based on online recommendations, I am just trying to narrow it down to 3-4 options. I live in Australia and am coming to the CO this Jan, so I will be trying/buying in CA or CO then.

Cheers in advance.

Last edited by lachyzee; 12-04-2012 at 07:37 AM.
lachyzee is offline   Reply With Quote