Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Psyched/scared about my first REAL backcountry trip:s
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2012, 07:34 AM   #1 (permalink)
Thom

Default Psyched/scared about my first REAL backcountry trip:s

Somewhere in the second half of februari I'm heading to Chamonix for a week, in the french alpes, near the Mont Blanc. If the snow and weather conditions allow it, me and my brother are gonna meet up with a guy he met who offered to guide us in our first real long steep off-piste descents...

I'm kinda nervous because I'm not too sure I already have the needed skills, and obvioulsy, there might be serious consequences to taking a risk like that.

Also, equipment whise: I'm guessing the Smokin Superpark I'm about to order isn't up for the job...Right? I'd hate to buy a real powder board, cause I'll still spend most of my trips in the park and on groomers

I can't afford two dedicated boards, nor can I justify buying a world class professional hybrid deck, let alone two boards...So would you guys consider renting a more powder friendly stick for a couple days if you were in my situation? Any other tips for a backcountry noob like me? Thanks a lot.

Thanks.

Last edited by Thom; 12-04-2012 at 07:53 AM.
Thom is offline   Reply With Quote